Engineer – Resume Template + Workbook
Get Noticed! Get Hired! get the job with this easy to use, professional CV / Curriculum Vitae / Resume Template and Resume Workbook.
Whilst this resume template is perfect for engineers or anyone working in a more conservative profession e.g. accounting, project management, finance, law etc., this resume can be used by anyone as it is fully customizable. The template and workbook were designed and created by a Certified Master Resume Writer and experienced recruiter.
YOUR RESUME TEMPLATE PURCHASE INCLUDES
• 1, 2, and 3 Page Resume Templates in Microsoft Word (.docx) format
• A 50+ page “Resume Writing Guide” written by Ken Docherty which includes detailed insight and examples on how to craft elite-level bullet points and other insider tips & tricks to help give you an edge on your competition and stand out in a sea of resumes.
• A plain ATS-friendly resume template. All of these beautiful templates look great, however Applicant Tracking Systems cannot scan content inside text boxes. And, not all Applicant Tracking Systems can read PDF’s! If you’re applying online and want to make sure your resume can be scanned, you’ll need this resume template to add to your job search arsenal as well!
• A guide on ‘How to Write an ASCII’ version of your resume. There are still some Applicant Tracking Systems that ask for a plain text version (ASCII) of your resume. How do you do that without it looking like a complete mess on the back-end of an ATS? I’ll show you how in this guide.
• Cover Letter – Coffee & cream, yin & yang, Laurel & Hardy. What do these things have in common? They go together so well, just like a resume & cover letter! I’ll give you a matching Cover Letter Template (can also double as a ‘Thank You’ or ‘Exploratory Introduction’ letter).
• Dual File Sizes – US Letter & A4 sized files
• Easy-to-Follow – Detailed Instructions & FAQ file
• Free Font – Free font downloads for all fonts used in the resume template.
• Changing Colors – Bonus design checklist with instructions on how to customize the resume template to colors of your own choosing! Create different versions of your resume in different color schemes!
THE WORKBOOK PURCHASE INCLUDES
• An Experience Questionnaire – In this questionnaire Ken walks you through his process for developing a killer bullet point to make sure the information you’re adding to your resume is as high-impact and polished as possible. Type your answers straight into the workbook or print it out and write them in.
Ken walks you through the construction of the Challenge. Action. Result. (CAR) bullet point construction technique that he uses with his own consulting clients. He also provides an example of a CAR bullet point build-out for your reference.
• A Branded Statement Worksheet – In this worksheet Ken will show you how to create an amazing branded statement. The branded statement is the section at the very beginning of your resume, often 5 or 6 lines of text in length introducing your unique value proposition.
Ken also provides 6 examples of branded statements to give you an idea as to the strength and structure of a good branded statement. Ken includes statements for various professions to show you that these statements can be built by anyone at any level.
• 5 Key Questions Worksheet – Ken will ask you 5 questions that he asks all of his consulting clients. These questions get to the heart of what you have to offer and are considered essential in helping you truly meditate on what you have to offer your next employer.
• Key Skills Worksheet – The purpose of this exercise is to identify 15 key skills / attributes that you have to offer. These skills will be included in the ‘Core Competencies’, ‘Key Skills’, Areas of Expertise’ section of your new resume.
Ken includes examples of 15 skills for 14 different professions to give you an idea as to what you could be including in your own key skills list.
Other worksheets included are;
Defining Your Goals
General Skills Checklist
Social Media Skills Checklist
Power Verbs Checklist
Soft Skills Checklist
Technical Skills Checklist
That’s the trick isn’t it! Getting noticed is the key to job search success.
So why do so many people fail to get noticed?
There can be several reasons. Some of the main themes I’ve seen over the years include resume designs that fail to make an impact; bland & uninspiring content; and a failure to get past the dreaded automated Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to have your content seen by an actual human!
With the products in my store, I’m trying to eliminate those major roadblocks by offering beautiful designs + an ATS-friendly resume template + a guide on converting your resume to ASCII format + an amazing resume writing guide written by one of the top resume writers in the land to help you create compelling content.
The other main reason some people don’t secure interviews is because they’re not qualified for the role. My main tip here is – ‘only apply for jobs for which you are at least an 80% match’!! There, that one was easy!
RESUME TEMPLATE FEATURES
★ Plug’n’Play: Simply type your resume content into your new resume template and you’re done!
★ Completely Customizable: Edit your resume template in Word (PC or MAC). You can change all text (including headings), colors (headers, sidebar lines, text, icons, graphics etc.), fonts, and even add or delete sections if you need to. Create multiple versions of your resume and use the one you like the most!
★ Professionally Designed: My resume templates are designed to create an immediate positive impact due to strategic use of color, structure, and white space for ease of reading.
★ Professionally Formatted: All of my resume templates have been formatted by a Microsoft Word expert to make sure you have an easy-to-use platform for building your masterpiece. The resume templates use linked text boxes so that your content rolls seamlessly from page 1 to 2 to 3 etc. Some templates I’ve seen come in for a re-write built by other companies will hide your text at the bottom of each text box when you run out of space. This can be disastrous when dragging content from your template into an ATS as you run the risk of pulling that random hidden content that you’d forgotten about through as well!
★ Built From Experience: These resume templates were designed and built from direct front-line recruiting and resume writing experience balanced with the desire to provide a low-cost, do-it-yourself, entirely customizable experience for you!
★ ATS Compliant Add-On: Each of your resume templates comes with a basic ATS-friendly template that you can choose to use with Applicant Tracking Systems that do not accept PDF’s. If they don’t accept PDF’s, it probably means their ATS cannot scan a PDF document and will scan it as a blank page = you do not progress. In such cases, use your ATS-friendly template to upload into their system and attach your PDF as an “additional file”. That way, your amazing content can be scanned and scored by the system, and the PDF of your beautiful template can be viewed by a human when they personally review your file.
• You will need a PC (personal computer). Work/public computers, tablets and phones cannot install fonts and as such you CANNOT use them to edit these resume templates.
• You will need Microsoft Word for PC or MAC.
• NOTE: These resume templates are NOT COMPATIBLE with OpenOffice, Google Docs, or programs/apps other than the official desktop version of Microsoft Word.
HOW DO I GET MY FILES AND START EDITING?
• Instant Download: After purchase you can instantly download your file.
• Unzip files: Double-click the file to UNZIP it (or download 7-Zip for free at https://www.7-zip.org/)
• Read Me: Open the Instructions file first for directions on installing the free fonts and how to customize the resume template.
• Build Your Masterpiece: Edit and customize your resume template by simply typing or pasting (CTRL + V) over the placeholder text.
• PDF: Save your new resume template as a PDF FILE to upload to job postings
• GET HIRED!
HELP IS AT HAND!
I’m here for you.
If you have any questions about this item, just hit the “message seller” button next to the price and I will get right back to you.
© Docherty Career Management Inc. The resume template designs, content, and accompanying resume writing guide are for your personal use only and may not be copied, resold or redistributed under any circumstances.